"Is your house, school or
business contaminated with toxic mold spores?"
Some think mold is only a problem if
you have been diagnosed with an allergy to it. This is not true!
Mold is toxic to everyone. Toxic mold spores can
cause, in the beginning, symptoms similar to hay fever resulting in
the possibility of poisoning due to inhaling these mycotoxins. Order a mold test today to help
prevent these tragedies from happening to your friends and family.
Mold Test Kit Features
Easy-to-use: A standard
procedure using custom tape strips with a transparent "window"
where surface samples are taken. The window area is stained and read
under high power and oil immersion [1000x]
magnification microscope in the lab.
NO Loss of Sample Material: After
taking each sample (3 per slide), tape
strips are put directly under the microscope slide attached to the
sample card; therefore, NO
loss of sample material and NO exposure while sample is in transit
or during lab procedures.
Laboratory Report: Includes
semi-quantitative amounts of spores observed (0-5+), identification
of chief fungal types (to genus), and what the results
1.) Take Samples for Mold
"Surface sampling is preferred over bulk sampling when a less
destructive method of sample collection is desired." Bioaerosols:
Assessment and Control ACGIH 1999
2.) Mail Sample Card Back to
Surface sampling may be used to:
"(a) confirm the nature of suspected
microbial growth on environmental surfaces
(b) measure the relative degree of
biological contamination, and
(c) identify the types of microorganisms
and other biological agents present."
Bioaerosols: Assessment and Control,
3.) Receive Written Report by
Mail or By Fax
[Surface tape sampling]
“may help investigators decide if further sampling is indicated and
may help them formulate recommendations for remediation.”
Bioaerosols: Assessment and
Control, ACGIH 1999
Molds are microscopic organisms that are
usually seen outdoors growing in the soil, on plants, and on other
organic materials. Their spores creep into the indoors through air currents or
stick to things and settle in the dust. The spores can germinate
into new fungal colonies, making substantial amounts of other spores that can
become aerosolized or dispersed into the air of your home, school,
or business If enough moisture is present.
When mold spores are breathed in, symptoms
like sinus congestion or asthma are triggered. However, it is
now known that even people without mold allergies can
have adverse health effects from fungal exposures -- if the
spores produce "mycotoxins" -- substances that are toxic to one or
more organs of the body.
molds, usually called toxic mold or black mold, also produce
poisonous substances, primarily associated with their spores, called
mycotoxins. A mold test kit can warn you of harmful levels of toxic
mold. These toxins are harmful to our cell structures and processes
and have the potential to cause serious harm. Their effects
on the human body have been documented using controlled, laboratory
conditions. In our everyday indoor environment there is less
certainty of symptom origination, however, it is important to know that
it was proven that mycotoxins were present indoors with people suffering
· pulmonary hemorrhage or pulmonary hemosiderosis (primarily in
· nose bleeds
· immune system suppression (resulting in increasing numbers of
· hair loss
· chronic fatigue
· psychological depression
· sore throats
· headaches and other flu-like symptoms
Other toxic mold
reactions include cognitive disorder, dry, itchy or
burning eyes, blurred vision, respiratory problems, chest pains and
tightness, shortness of breath, wheezing, dry cough, nasal
congestion and aggravated asthma.